Saturday, July 26, 2008

Rawganizing...

I want to make things as easy as possible, getting off on the best "raw foot" possible. I started cleaning out the fridge in order to get rawganized. I gathered all the little seeds and nuts stashed in different parts of the fridge and pantry like a foraging squirrel, and filled mason jars with all the goodness. I am going to have to stock up on a few items; sunflower seeds, almonds, some un-sulfured dried fruit, but I have a good supply to get me started. I will also need a few more jars and lids, and have some containers available for clean produce. I hear it’s good to have everything washed and available, so you don’t succumb junk.

Some other supplies I would like to get are nut milk bags and a few recipe books. I read something about using paint straining bags at Home Depot as they are cheaper than nut milk bags. Check out
www.sunnyrawkitchen.blogspot.com for more details, some great information, and to download the e-book, “Best of Raw Freedom Community”. Lots and lots of information here.

I am also trying out some new recipes so I have a good foundation of reliables should I need to change things up. Penni Shelton (
www.realfoodtulsa.blogspot.com) sent me a wonderful raw lasagna recipe that was incredibly delicious. Check out her blog; she is a creative foodie who is knowledgeable and inspiring. I can’t wait to try the Jalapeno Lime Tortilla Chips (see her blog for recipes and ideas). I’ll share other good resources as I find more.

No comments: