Friday, December 5, 2008

Raw Soup

I am trying to stay away from sugars for the time being, so I decided to try a little Raw Soup in place of my usual morning green smoothie. This savory look-a-like ended up being better than I expected. In my Vitamix I blended:

Grape Tomatoes, about 1 ½ cups
Spinach, two heapin’ handfuls
Garlic, 1 tiny minced clove
Green Onion, 1
Celery Stalks, 2
Cilantro, sadly, I had none fresh, so I used 1 T dried - fresh would be sooo much better
Lime juice, from half a lime
Dulse Granules, ¾ t
Sea Salt, pinch or two
Cayenne Pepper, about 1/8 teaspoon
Stevia, powdered from a packet, about 1/3 of a packet
Warm Water, about 1 cup

I blended until it was smooth and warmed, but definitely not hot. I just pretended I was at a really good restaurant with really bad service. 

1 comment:

smacklips said...
This comment has been removed by the author.